Saturday, July 29, 2006

you can send biscuits to [watch this space]

Sadly, the saga continues.

On taking my bags to the new flat yesterday, I was promptly abandoned by my new flatmate to the hundred mph slovak questioning of the girls staying a last few nights in the room that will be mine. I think I'm more or less correct, having been through they want to steal everything i have and they want to take compromising photos and blackmail me, in thinking they simply want to keep the room. The chief tenant and his roommate don't want them, and I am about to be caught in the middle.

Of course the chief tenant, L, can have whomever he likes subletting, so were I bent on renting the place there would not be a problem - we'd hold firm and kick these poor souls out. However, I discovered something this morning that should have been top of my list in the first place: the oven which will be my bedroom (duly noticed and assured the aircon works) is not complemented by one in the kitchen. So that's it, game over - no banana cake, no deal.


In other news, I am going to a salsa party with a couple of colleagues this evening. Oh, you dance salsa also? How surprising - seem more like maybe diver. So yes, I continue my run of looking slightly out of place amidst the luscious latino chicos and chicas (or in this case their paler Slav cousins, the čikos and čikas). Beards are not salsa - I've said it before, but I'm damned if I'll learn...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh what a lovely blog.

Chris, this is a delightful page to behold. I think it's a crisp and delicate format, congratulations. Glad to hear you're safe with humour intact and look forward to hearing more of your shennanigans. I particularly enjoyed comparing what you were doing with what i was doing on a certain day. For instance, Saturday's 3rd degree might have taken place at the very same time that i was on a horseriding trek upon the Breacon Beacons.

8:34 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Don't say nothing came of the third degree:

There once was a girl called Veronica
Whose friend didn't play the harmonica
Nor did she sing ballads
Or make tasty salads
Or know how to mix gins and tonica

Because, you see:

Veronica twas who did quiz me:
„Zajtra mi môžeš učit po anglicky“
„Ano“ was my reply -
Little knew she that I
Would make like a banana and splitsky

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home