Friday, August 18, 2006

wieners


i found a stag party in vienna on wednesday night. i'm so jet set (or train set, whatever). the stag party had adjective-laden cocoa powder, that i may make chocolate cakes. thank you stefan and laura, and enjoy the rest of your trip!



The hen and the stag; the stripper took the photo (ha, you know you're all imagining now. ha.)

and i had maybe the most graceful experience of my life, a hundred feet up in the air in a little chair. there will be a video on you tube, although this video habit has to stop (not watching youtube, which everyone should do all day, rather my loving-the-novelty digicam videoing. i don't like the attachment to technology feeling (he types, on his laptop, in the wifi pub...)). i would love to go back to Praterstern and ride half a dozen times, with contact lenses rather than glasses - i had to keep my head within about ten degrees of vertical or lose me spex, and the view was too good to take em off. and just like flying, nearly. (go here.)

speaking of contact, i'm in touch with this man about starting something up in BA. it may come to nothing, but it may not. comme toujours, regardez ici.

i'm going to play slight photo catch up, do forgive:

you'll remember the lovely flat i told you about previously? toto je to.

and toto je just one of the details in the next lovely flat in my series. as is the next:



and this is my standard teacup (though i was informed by my office-sharer, blissfully away this week, that it's hers, and come winter she'll be wanting it. i'm going to lick it all over). for scale, we only use A3 paper, to save trees.
Tonight was the perfect evening for strolling, so stroll i did. there is a several nights music festival in town, classical music with a blues edge today, and some gorgeous piano. you have to pay some nominal amount, or, this not being london, you can stand outside the seating bit and watch through the gapswhich haven't been stingily covered up. sadly, the promised afterparties have all been cancelled, for what reason i know not. i was looking forward to that. i'll go tomorrow though, to see bizet's ringtone overture.

having finished The Amber Spyglass (being a thousand pages, these perhaps shouldn't be gcse texts, but in every other way they should) i sat on a lamplit bench and read Amin Maalouf's Ports of Call, having found it at Robert's flat and previously liked Leo the African. star-crossed lovers, mental illness and exaggerated revolutionary heroism - right up my street. the walk down along the danube toward the national museum was less lamplit and its lovers less crossed (at least on the outside). i miss having somebody to hug. (speaking of: sam, this is for you. and anyone else, but the added value will be less. i apologise if the sound (which is the point) is not up to much. it's worth a try.)

nonetheless, a happy evening in a town with a centre small enough to be a centre, a happy town on an evening warm enough to be bustling. tomorrow, i make banana cakes.

lots of love to you, and sweet dreams. i'll be playing with your hair.

6 Comments:

Blogger goosefat101 said...

Love the video of that great looking ride thing. Wish I had been on it I am very much a fairground enjoyer, tho perhaps a bit of an anti-social one (I tend to laugh rather hysterically all the way round the fast ones, it rather unerves all the screamers, but hey I enjoy it and it's my natural reaction [as far as anything is natural in our self aware times])

I want to use it in my music myspace site if that's alright an I can work out how (I am refering here to the video0. I'll stick it on there (or try to) or at the very least stick a link to it, but if you want it rmeoved tell me and zap, it shall be as ashes on the wind.

Oh I very much appriciated your staement about how it is a shame that everyday needs an antidote and I second that emotion.

I know you are true based on careful suspicious observation. Alex for some reason always avoided really talking about you accept as an enigmatic figure, but then he always talks about himself very obliquely. He is much in love with enigma even as he critises mythologising. I myself am certainly on the myth making side of things. I guess honesty is somewhere in the middle, most people are neither mythic or enigmatic, but its more fun when they are one of them isn't it...

Oh yes on the subject of alex, RE: your comment about someones reaction to Jenny - it is brilliant because it is encrusiating (can't spell that word sorry) tho perhaps for people who do not know alex or jenny it is less brilliant because it is less excrusiating...

x

Dave

7:36 AM  
Blogger goosefat101 said...

Have added it it's in the sounds like box and is rather nice I think.
What do you think?
Hope it meets with your approval

x

Dave

7:56 AM  
Blogger goosefat101 said...

Did you know about these? Cos I didn't. Found out purely by accident (well by sticking his email adress into myspace search on this off chance). He knew I was setting up a Middle Class Bastards site and never mentioned it at all. He even used part of that blurb that I wrote for your that he made so much fuss about as his own blurb (and never even mentioned it to me!):


Mr Enigma



and his band


The tunes of course rock and the production (and everything else if I'm honest) certainly put my own songs to shame.

Ah well...

x

D

10:19 AM  
Blogger chris said...

then i suggest you and i meet in vienna and ride that all day. we should think about how that would be done with maximum happiness.

as for the rest, i'm working through it. i want you to know that not only have i joined myspace and youtube in the last two days, but you have distracted me from what i came into work to do. i need to find the ice hockey stadium. i have a tshirt with a big pill on the front from a spiritualized gig at the RFH, and in this most drug-strict country (with my haircut and my silver tooth) am going to get myself arrested.

i can't condemn alex, not til i see him again. i miss him too much.

i like what car crash tv have done with saturday, i think. or maybe not. prefer the vibe, the solo in the version i know is more me. i'm not sure about we are you, i always have trouble with people using rape allegories, however in-passing they may be. trainspotting is great.



you keep the video there. i want to taste skyborne rain, and feel rain skyborne.

yours dislocated,

einfall v.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not really a fairground enjoyer but I love that video. Especially the feet. xxx

3:54 AM  
Blogger goosefat101 said...

Yeah, alex is great.

I really love CCTV's saturday and I love we are you but then I don't have any problem with rape allegories. And anyway I once perormed in a version of that in the MCB's so I am even more complicit in it.

Right, now to add you to my myspace friends...

x

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home