Tuesday, September 12, 2006

unnecessary plastic objects


so i was in an emotional ditch on Sunday, with everything piling each on top of the last and fossilising under the weight, when i came to second dinner of three, which was Cheerios - with milk - and a cup of tea. puring out my second bowl there came a stop in the flow - had i made the hole too small? were even the cheery little Os against me? - and i looked closer, in my den lit only by luminescent ditch-bugs, and saw it! there, unmistakable as any part of history! in its little plastic packet, a little plastic spoon which is also a car. i forgot that i had lacerated my front upper palate with the first bowl, and greedily went for the second like i had found my calling. pausing only to calculate that my new spoon - a rare permanent possession in my nomadic life - held an average of 9.4 cheerios (n=10...) i finished my bowl without a sound, quite forgetting everything.

i was once told that unnecessary plastic objects had no place in my heart, but our ravenous consumption of oil came through for me in this case.

in other news, i will shortly move into a flat. this is great news. it is both affordable (though i have to furnish the room) and very central - two minutes' walk from the salsa club, for my pains. details to follow ( - i may even get an address) but for now, wish me luck finding a kind person with a car to hellp me ferry the necessaries not from ikea.

we are on a staff retreat downstairs on the first floor. it's great. i'm surrounded by incredibly intelligent, experienced, committed people and i like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger g-starr said...

c,

i love your blogg and the spoon is pretty cool too.

but our office is less fun without you ... and your biscuits!

love
g
xxx

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home