Friday, December 08, 2006

little bits of metal

Hi folks, a bit of advertising here. The Dave is a cunning alter-ego for my friend Rudolph, who is a singer, songwriter and strummer of a guitar. I once wrote something interesting about music and friends, in the context of he and Alex, but we can't remember where. so you will have to trust me.

The Dave has some gigs:

15th December 2006 9.00pm @ PRINCE ALBERT BATTERSEA
85, Albert BridgeRd,Battersea, London, SW114PF

5th of January 2007 08:40 pm @ The Red Room @ The Comedy Pub
7 Oxendon Street,Piccadilly Circus, London, LondonSW1
£5 (withthe attached flyer)

I'd really appriciate people going to the 5th of January gig because if Idon't get 15 people then I won't be offered a second booking.For more information and to hear The Dave's shifting line up of songs visit:http://www.myspace.com/thedaveiscoming

BUT WAIT... STOP THE PRESS: The Middle Class Bastards are going to have there london debut!

18th February 2007 7.30 pm @ Big Note at The Hope
Hope & Anchor 207 Upper St Islington London N1
£4.50 with attached flyer
Again your support would be appriciated for this one. The Bastards have toget 25 people to attend to get a second booking. To check them out/listen to there songs the visit: http://www.myspace.com/themiddleclassbastards or for a none swearing version of them visit: http://www.myspace.com/cdqualitycopy

Hope to see you all at all of these things, probably see some of you atsome. Please forward this email to anybody you think would like to come to these gigs and who lives in london (or even is preparred to travel to londonto see such new and exciting events.)
http://www.myspace.com/goosefat101
http://goosefat101.blogspot.com/



Budapest was very useful and it was good to see Joe again, although now he is Josy. When the annual report submission is made, I will tell you more. Also, I totally caned it in the HIV/AIDS bowling tournament. 450 series, sweet.You'll have to imagine the fist...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a 229 in the first game (of 3) last night. And you haven't said what your prize was.

12:35 AM  
Blogger chris said...

and for that, i give you another photo (see the original post).

let's also hope it's not too true -this being an hivaids bowling event, my prize (in addition to an hour's free bowling) was a fair fistful of condoms...

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats your email again guv? Vernski

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats your email again guv? Vernski

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chrisgrollman [at] gmail.com

12:17 AM  
Blogger goosefat101 said...

Ah, it's nice to see my email's out there on peoples blogs, chamring little type o's and all.

Chris did you have anything to do with te UN reports that have been in the news recently? it sounds like its your sort of area.

When I was at alex's recently I tried to give him an idea of what you did out there, but though I had been paying more attention (as in some) to your descriptions some how I got lost a bit at the end. It's sort of like how I used to understand the theory of relitivity but these days I can get three quarters of the way through and then I get lost.

I am v. scared of playing tonight, it is sort of like being a pea and throwing yourself into a poan of boiling water. The end result may be a nicely cooked pea, but from the POV of the raw ingredient it is a daunting thing.

As you can see its so daunting that it makes my metaphor muscle very weak and flimsy. But I think you get what I am going for.

Thankfully I have been so busy recently that my tiredbess outweighed my nerves and I got a good night sleep last night.

And about time to.


In regards to that thing you wrote I am sure that its there somewhere I just haven't got round to looking for it. Maybe it was in the days before you read my blog on myspeace and you wrote it on the other blog, but I do remember a myspacey flavour to my consumption of it.


Don't work to hard and have a lovely christmas, jen said something about you spending it at the top of a mountain or something, which sounded sutably romantic to me.

I have never won a handfull of condoms.

12:22 AM  
Blogger goosefat101 said...

I FOUND IT:

the personal connection distorts your experience, and is the most important part of my reality - i will never prefer a polished, produced version of we will make this house, say, to the one i have in my mind which moved me so last new year. same goes for any song i've heard you play (or alex, too, especially the versions of things on the compilation cd), but that's not to say the new versions won't be better. (and of course, we never say never.) i guess also i feel a personal share of any song played by a friend of mine, for having been part of their life, however little. that sounds arrogant, especially if applied to songs written before we met, but it's based on my feeling that everyone who has ever meant anything to me influences my feelings, writings and thoughts, conscious or not (though it's certainly something i'm aware of).

1:00 AM  
Blogger chris said...

rudy, don't be so negative on your typos.

thanks for digging up the comment, i like to be reminded occasionally of things i said that i liked at the time and subsequently forgot the detail of.

which UN report? i may ask, but whatever you say, the answer is no. at least i would hope so - the stuff i have been working on is largely internal, and surely not sexy enough to be leaked (far less reported).

my friend, good luck for tonight. the pea metaphor will do. shall i go to budapest again this weekend? we shall see. christmas will be somewhere in macedonia, beyond that i cannot say. orthodox christmas will be in kosovo. so i won't have a christmas, though yours will exist despite me. thanks for the package - i'll take it up the mountain.

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"the stuff i have been working on is largely internal, and surely not sexy enough to be leaked"
- won't be needing those condoms then?

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home